Ex: Think the best was when I asked a grocery clerk if they have fresh basil and she handed me a jar of pesto! Fresh green beans=canned here, biscuits are a staple and I can't find polenta anywhere.
2) You can strike up a conversation with anyone.
3) Going to the beach is a vacation now. It's not 30 mins. away anymore.
4) Freeway=Interstate, purse=pocketbook, ice tea=sweet or unsweetened (which I love now).
5) College football fans are truly devoted to their team.
6) Never seen so much camo before.
7) It's nice to hear the National Anthem and Pledge of Allegiance everyday at 12 pm on the radio.
8) Walmart is an experience in itself.
9) Don't miss the Bay Area traffic one bit and the overload of consumerism.
10) Life just seems simpler--in a good way.
More to come....
|Thanks to my bro-in-law, I have my very own turkey calling camo hat. |
We were in W. Virginia at an all day country fest, this explains Darrin's chest hair.