Wednesday, February 8, 2012

It's been a year already?!

This past weekend marked the one year anniversary since I move to Virginia. I can't believe it has already been a YEAR since I packed up, left my job, and said goodbye to my family and friends in California.  I was ready for a big change and two years of doing a long-distance relationship was enough. Darrin and I needed to be together and I made the move. 
I remember that morning saying goodbye to my Mom at the San Jose airport so well. I was so numb. I still feel a bit numb, but I never thought I would do so well with being so far away. I really do love it here and I've experienced so many different things that I would have never imagined. I'm learning everyday about Southwest Virginia and still anxious to visit more places. Before this past year, I had never been to Tennessee, Kentucky and West Virginia. It's so cool, that we can drive into another state and visit for the weekend. Just two weeks ago, Darrin asked me when we were on a ski lift at Snowshoe, "Would have you ever guessed, that you would be skiing in West Virginia?" It was a weird feeling to think... No! 

I do miss a lot about my home in the Bay Area, but I'm so happy Darrin and I made the decision for me to move. We've done a lot this year and can't wait to see what another year will bring. 


Moved super bowl weekend.
My mother-in-law got me this welcome cake.
Unloading my life 
Our first townhouse together
Mini pre-honeymoon getaway to Savannah, GA
My Bach's
Tied the knot in May!
Playa Del Carmen-Honeymoon
Miss Maddie changed our life in July.
All the bf's at Laura's wedding in Sept. in CA.
My Mom and sis visited me for the first time in October.
Blue Ridge Mountains in the back.
We both went back to CA for Christmas.
My nieces and nephew have grown so much.
Maddie's loves her new backyard--Feb.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Red Door Farmhouse and saying hi!
-Megan